This scanner features NCR’s Optical Effects Technology (OFX) in a cutting edge design that drives more scan lines at greater lengths and to dramatically improve performance. The resulting dense pattern of angles scan lines captures and reads even difficult barcodes, including those that are small and truncated. This extensive scan coverage and higher performance read rate provide an overall productivity boost for all users novice to experienced cashiers as well as self-checkout customers.
Leveraging input from retailers around the world, NCR designed the NCR RealPOS™ High Performance Bi-Optic Scanner/Scale to provide superior operational performance, flexibility and investment protection to all stakeholders.
Leading Edge Performance
The NCR RealPOS High Performance Bi-Optic Scanner/Scale incorporates NCR's Optical Effects Technology which sets a new standard for scan pattern density to capture and read all bar codes, including difficult to read small and truncated bar codes. This results in a productivity boost for all users – novice, experienced and self-checkout.
Exceptional Investment Protection
The NCR RealPOS High Performance Bi-Optic Scanner/Scale leverages a single footprint design – one model supports a scanner, a scale, and Sensormatic® functionality – to provide a solution robust enough to meet current requirements while providing the flexibility to address future needs.
Intuitive Cashier and Consumer Interface
The customizable scan adviser, leveraging five bright LEDs, provides intuitive cashier feedback regardless of distractions during the checkout process. The use of peripheral vision, colors, and patterns is ideal for hearing impaired cashiers.
The NCR RealPOS High Performance Bi-Optic Scanner/Scale is designed for easy serviceability to shorten repair times and ensure that lanes are up and running. Serviceability enhancements include side accessible handles for installation, tool-free removal of the bezel and tower for quick access to key components, and a reduced number of screws.
• Laser Diode: 650nm
• Scan lines: 78
• Sides read: all sides
• Scan lines per second: 9,750
• Scan line inches per second: 39,000” (99,060cm)
• 30lb (15 kg) in 0.01 lb (0.005 kg) increments
• POS interfaces: RS232, USB (NCR/PC and IBM),IBM RS485
• Auxiliary ports: 2 x RS232, 4 x PC-USB (Type-A)
• Vertical window: hurricane glass
• Horizontal top plate: EverScan or Sapphire
• Scan adviser clearly conveys scanner status
• Audio volume and pitch adjustment
• UPC/EAN with 2-digit and 5-digit add-on symbols
• Code 128
• Code 39 (3 of 9)
• Interleaved 2 of 5
• Italian Pharmacode
• GS1 DataBar™ (RSS): DataBar Omnidirectional,Stacked Omnidirectional, Expanded, Expanded Stacked
• GTIN and 2005 Sunrise Compliant
Sensormaticultra Max Deactivator 5278 Eas
• ZBAMB5278A Sensormatic• ® coil set
• 0352-0337-01 installation kit
• 12V terminal power via cable selection 90-264 VAC/47-63Hz
• 12 watts while scanning, 6 watts on standby
• Working temperature: 41°F–104°F (5°C–40°C)
• Relative humidity: 5%–95% non-condensing
• Full-size scanner (W x L x D):
11.5” x 20” x 5”
(29.2cm x 50.8cm x 12.7cm)
• Full-size scanner/scale (W x L x D):
12”x 20” x 5”
(30.3cm x 50.8cm x 12.7cm)